Best Laptop For Video Conferencing and Zoom Meetings 2021
We all are familiar with computers and use them daily for entertainment, shop online, and work. Nevertheless, the
Many of us are now working remotely or will be in a position where we need to hide our shorts and jump in a Zoom meeting more often than ever. So if you are looking for a great laptop for Zoom or the best laptop for video conferencing, sit tight; we did all the research for you.
- The Best Laptop For Video Conferencing and Zoom Meetings 2021
- Our Top Picks:
- What To Look For When Buying a Laptop For Video Conferencing
- REVIEW: The Best Laptops for Zoom Meetings and Video Conferencing
- Related: Don’t forget to protect your online activities
- What Did We Evaluate in Laptops for Zoom Video and Other Video Conference Services? ( The Research )
- What is the best laptop for Video Conferencing Meetings?
Our Top Picks:
2. Best Overall: The Lenovo Flex 5 2-in1 with Windows 10 and Touch HD Screen
“The Best Overall laptop for video conferencing and everyday life. This laptop offers the most performance for the money.”
What To Look For When Buying a Laptop For Video Conferencing
There are a few computer features to look for when shopping for the best laptops for video conferencing and online meetings. Have you ever been to the computer store looking for a laptop and finds hundreds of similar models, all with the same specs? Hard to make a decision, right?
Even an expensive laptop can lack video processing power and monitor resolution to display good image quality.
The best laptops for video conferencing are those with:
- A good screen resolution,
- Battery life
- HD camera (built-in.)
- Zoom video meetings look best when streamed in Full HD resolution
- Good built-in speakers
The most important feature is the camera resolution and it doesn’t hurt to have some decent built-in speakers.
When searching for the
A laptop with good battery life is beneficial when walking around your home or office during a video conference.
REVIEW: The Best Laptops for Zoom Meetings and Video Conferencing
As discussed before, for a laptop to work best with Zoom and other video conference services, it needs to have a good camera, video card, speakers, and an excellent built-in microphone. We researched, and here are the best laptops for video conferencing in 2021. (Full Research at the end of the article )
Apple makes easy-to-use reliable laptops, and the MacBook Pro has been a benchmark of laptop quality and performance for years. The reason is Apple uses nothing but the best components to build the Pro models. These laptops include great HD cameras, video cards, and speakers.
These computers are powerful and fast, with ample memory, fast hard drives, and a powerful Intel Core i7 processor, and now with the new M1 chip, these computers are hard to beat.
The MacBook Pro and the MacBooks Air are among the best laptops for zoom calls and are powerful enough to handle many other applications. In addition, Apple’s Operating System is user-friendly and reliable.
What we like:
- The HD resolution built-in camera offers good image quality even in low light.
- Powerful Processor – Intel Core i7 Processor. ( available with Intel Core i7, i9, and now with the new M1 chip)
- Excellent quality built-in microphone.
- Impressive display – best resolution with Retina Display.
- High-quality components – video card and WIFi are of high quality.
- Amazing Sound. More than adequate sound quality for video conferences.
- Long battery life! 11 plus hours of battery life. ( varies per model )
- Among the best gaming laptops and one of the
best laptop for zoomand office work.
- The Operating System is easy to use, and many users prefer Apple’s Operating System over Windows 10 for its reliability.
- The Macbook Air is the thinnest and lightest laptop on this list.
What we don’t like:
- There isn’t much to we don’t like about the MB Pro. These laptops offer the best of everything, are durable, reliable, and perfect for Zoom and other video conferencing services. All this quality comes at a price.
- The 15-inch monitor models can be just a tad on the heavier side but not a deal-breaker when getting so much performance in a small package.
Touch Display, AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon Graphics, Digital Pen Included, Win 10, Graphite Grey
This Lenovo 2 in 1 laptop is a powerhouse. First, this laptop is a “2-in-1,” which means that it can operate as a regular laptop or “flipped” and be used as a tablet. 2-in1 laptops offer excellent versatility and convenience. These laptops are well-liked by users.
However, versatility is not the only reason this laptop is our runner-up; it is also powerful.
This laptop has 16Gigs of RAM ( random access memory ), which is needed to multi-task and have multiple applications running simultaneously, print and video editing. This laptop packs a lot of performance for its price. The Lenovo Flex has the power of an Apple laptop but at only a fraction of the cost.
What we like:
- The Flex sure can flex its muscles! This laptop offers impressive performance for the money. At its price range, it offers the same performance as laptops three times as expensive.
- 2-in1 laptops offer extra versatility and comfort. Use it as a laptop, fold it as a tent stand to watch a video, or folded 360 degrees to use it into a tablet.
- Built-in camera with privacy shutter and HD touch screen. The laptop comes with an active pen which allows you to draw similarities like in an iPad Pro or Surface Laptop.
- Decent built-in speakers are good for stereo sound.
- Good battery life, 10 hours.
- Light computer and easy to carry at less than 4 pounds.
- Wireless card ( supports AC protocol mentioned earlier in this article), Bluetooth.
- One of the best laptops for zoom at a great price range.
What we don’t like:
- When the laptop is folded in certain positions, the speakers face down, blocking the sound a bit.
- You get the performance of a three thousand dollar laptop but beware that, for example, even though you get a leading laptop’s performance, components like speakers and monitor will be of lesser quality. Still great quality.
Microsoft has long been a direct competitor of Apple. Microsoft’s answer to the MacBook is the Microsoft Surface Laptop.
This is good competition, as Microsoft focused its talents and built a laptop to rival a champion. Microsoft created the Surface laptop using top-quality components and followed Apple’s design ingredients that make these laptops easy on the eyes and great to use.
The Surface laptop is versatile and can handle daily office tasks with ease. The Microsoft Surface Pro is mighty with its Intel Core i5 processor and Windows 10. The Surface laptop offers excellent features such as a touch screen and tablet mode.
What we like:
- The Microsoft Surface Laptop is built using great quality components ( video card, monitor, and WiFi).
- Love the touch screen and pen. – The touch screen allows for drawing and artwork which can be useful for students and teachers.
- Great built-in camera with great resolution works great with video conference apps.
- Good built-in microphone.
- The design of the Microsoft Surface Laptop is thin and light.
- 11 hours of battery life.
- All Microsoft Surface Laptop Windows 10 Operating System.
What we don’ like:
- The Surface is a good quality computer, and quality does come at a price. This is to be expected.
If you are on a budget, consider the Acer Aspire 5 Slim laptop. This laptop is not the most powerful on this list, nor will it break any performance benchmarks, but if you need a laptop primarily to participate in video meetings, consider it.
This laptop will also handle everyday tasks like email, document processing, web browsing, and normal tasks.
This laptop doesn’t have a lot of memory, meaning you will not be able to have many applications open simultaneously, but it will run Zoom just as well as any other laptop. The Acer is a great laptop for zoom video and everyday use.
What we like
- Budget friendly laptop for Zoom video!
- The backlit keyboard makes it easier to use this computer at night or in dark spaces.
- This laptop is a great package for those on a tight budget or not wanting to spend too much money on a zoom laptop.
- This laptop includes a webcam with a built-in microphone which is required for conferencing.
- The 15.6-inch display monitor screen is a great size for an everyday laptop.
- The built-in speakers will play good enough sound for Zoom video conferencing and calls.
- Excellent WIFI card should be able to connect to 5G wireless protocols such as AC.
- Windows 10.
- SD card reader
- 7.5 hours battery life.
- Supports Alexa!
What we don’t like:
- This is a budget laptop, the monitor resolution is not as good as an Apple MacBook Pro but is well balanced for its price.
- This laptop has an AMD processor, which helps reduce the cost but won’t perform like its Intel counterpart. However, this AMD processor is adequate for Zoom meetings.
- The solid-state drive (SSD) storage capacity is only 128 Gigs; this is plenty for video calls. Would be nice to have a 256gb ssd.
15.6 HD LED-Backlit Display, Intel Celeron Processor N4020, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB PCIe SSD, Online Meeting Ready, Webcam, WiFi, HDMI, Bluetooth, Win10 Home
The Dell Inspirion 15 3000 laptop is an amazing budget-friendly computer with all the components needed to participate in video meetings. This laptop has an HD display, WiFi, webcam, and built-in microphone and speakers.
The Dell Inspiron models offer great performance and value. The Inspiron models are affordable computers compared to the Dell XPS models.
For years Dell Inspiron laptops have been the laptop of choice for students and teachers. This Dell Inspiron 15 laptop can be a good choice for those looking for an inexpensive laptop.
What we like:
- An anti-Glare HD monitor helps when working in rooms with bright lighting or too much sunlight.
- Windows 10.
- Includes HD webcam with a built-in microphone.
- Sound WiFi card built-in, capable of supporting modern WIFI protocols.
- Built-in speakers.
- This laptop can be purchased with solid-state drives in diffrenet capacity configurations up to 1 terabyte.
What we don’t like:
- Let be fair; this is a budget-friendly computer with all the components necessary to use Zoom, Skype, and other video conferencing services. The computer components are not as high of quality as the Apple Products or Microsoft Surface, but neither is the price.
- Battery life is about half of a Micorosft Surface or Apple Computers.
Related: Don’t forget to protect your online activities
We have partnered with Nord VPN and now you can protected your computer and data at as low $4.13 per month!
What’s required to participate in a Zoom or video conferencing meeting?
If you need accurate information about Zoom computer requirements and find more information about the app, you can reach Zoom‘s Support Center Here.
However, a laptop for zoom video will need to have an HD webcam, a quality display with a Full HD screen resolution, preferably stereo speakers, a built-in microphone, and Internet access.
The best laptops in today’s market have at least 4GB of memory and newer multi-core Intel or AMD processors capable of handling apps like Zoom. A laptop for Zoom doesn’t need to be a 4k gaming PC.
Bonus – The HP 15 Laptop
HP makes excellent computers, and this 15-inch laptop is a good pick for users looking for good “work from the home computer.” This laptop has all the components to collaborate online and participate in other zoom video conferencing services. The computer packs good power with its Intel Core i5 processor, * GIGs of Memory, and a 256gb ssd ( solid-state drive)
What we like:
- The beautiful design fits well with office and home office decor.
- Great Value – offers good power with its Intel Core i5 processor.
- Windows 10 Home
- Great video card adequate for online video streaming.
- HD Built-in camera.
- Anti-glare display.
What we don’t like
- Graphics and Operating System share memory; this will reduce performance during video-intensive tasks.
- Battery life not as long as other laptops on this list.
Ok, so before you think we lost our train of the challenge here, here is why the iPad Pro made it to this list. The Apple iPad Pro is as capable as many of the laptops on this list, and compared to budget laptops, the iPad Pro can outperform some of those laptops.
If you are looking for a device to work on documents, email, and real-time conferencing, the iPad Pro can perform all these tasks with ease. What we like about using tablets is their portability and battery life. Apple tablets work well for long video conferences.
With a wireless keyboard, these iPads can perform all the same tasks as laptops with the expectation of being able to install Windows applications.
What Did We Evaluate in Laptops for Zoom Video and Other Video Conference Services? ( The Research )
With the increasing need to partake in video conferences and use Zoom services, we researched the best laptops for Zoom video conferencing and have built a list of the top computer features for video conferencing.
1. Camera – Definition
In video conferencing, the laptop’s camera is the primary device doing the work. Without a camera, your computer will not capture video to participate in video conference calls.
A computer video camera is one of the devices required to participate in a video conference. A poor quality camera will impact the video calling experience, so be sure to choose a laptop with an HD camera.
A laptop for zoom meetings and video conferences needs to support good quality video. The best laptops include HD cameras.
The higher the camera resolution, the better the picture quality will be, and also, the better the meeting participants will be able to view you. High-resolution cameras will capture better video and stream at higher resolutions producing almost TV-like quality.
A laptop with a Full HD camera is adequate for video conferencing, but 4k cameras will capture a tremendous amount of details if you want better video quality.
A higher resolution video requires good and reliable Internet; the higher the resolution, the more bandwidth Zoom will need to stream the video to the conference servers.
2. Operating System (OS)
Most users are familiar with Windows 10 and prefer a Windows laptop. However, Apple’s Mac Operating System is reliable and will also work with Skype, Zoom, and all other video conferencing software.
If you enjoy photography and video editing, don’t be shy to try a MacBook Air or Macbook Pro Apple computer.
However, as far as video conferencing, both Operating Systems will work well. Operating System should not impact the video calling experience, but some users are more familiar with Windows and might choose that path.
3. Built-in Microphone
Zoom and other video conferencing services require your computer has a working microphone to capture speech and sounds. Zoom and other services need a good quality computer microphone.
Most modern laptops include a suitable built-in microphone. The primary reason to purchase a laptop is convenience and portability; adding an external USB microphone to your laptop will limit portability, plus you might have extra cables to fold and carry around.
The microphone’s quality is essential. It is imperative that the meeting participants clearly understand you when speaking.
Some laptop manufacturers use high-quality sensitive microphones great for capturing speech and even blocking ambiance or background noise. The best laptops include studio-ready and high-quality microphones.
4. Speakers – Audio Quality
Speakers will play sounds and play the audio from the participants in the zoom meeting. Headphones can be plugged into a laptop and be used instead of speakers. However, it is more common to use computer speakers during Zoom calls.
The speaker’s audio quality is primordial to understand other participants clearly and, yes, listen to your favorite music playlist. Computer stereo speakers won’t produce the sound of a larger external speaker set but are certainly welcomed.
Audio quality is important not just to listen to music but also will help with the audio during calls. Sound quality will help hear callers and sounds better.
However, sound quality alone will not improve a video call experience or video quality. For video conferences, Internet quality and a high quality display and camera are more important.
If you are in a place where privacy is appreciated, make sure your laptop has a headphone port to conduct your meeting without interrupting the people around you. For zoom video conferencing on the road or while traveling, headphones might come in handy.
A laptop for zoom and office work doesn’t necessarily need a surround sound speaker system, but good speakers are needed. You get the point!
5. Monitor Display Resolution and Size
Your laptop monitor resolution and size will help reduce eye strain during long video calls and meetings. High display resolution monitors will display graphics clearly, and text is easier to read. The best laptops for video will have High-Resolution monitors to produce the best images. Full HD resolution or 1920 x 1080 pixels or higher is common in newer laptops.
The best laptops with advanced graphics cards like the Nvidia Geforce GTX, UHD graphics processors combined with a high quality display can handle 4k video resolution.
Display Resolution is important if you plan on editing photos or videos. A laptop’s screen size will increase its cost and weight. However, for video calls, display quality is favored over screen size.
The display quality will also affect the computer’s price, for instance, the MacBook Air, the MacBook Pro, and the Microsoft Surface have amazing displays and graphic cards, but those laptops tend to be on the higher end of the price scale.
The monitor size will help with the size of images, documents, and video and add to the laptop’s cost and weight. A large screen is nice to have, especially when multitasking, but remember, a large screen will add weight.
Users should also consider screen resolution if interested in photography and video apps. If this is just going to be a laptop for zoom calls, some savings can be found in laptops with lesser quality monitors.
6. Wireless Capability
Today most laptops have built-in wireless cards, but some laptops include enterprise-ready wireless cards that support newer wireless protocols that can receive and transmit data at higher speeds. Wireless protocols such as the WiFi AC protocol and the new WIFI 6 can work at a higher frequency and transfer data at high rates. The best laptops for zoom will offer wireless card capable of supporting WIFI 6.
7. Video Graphics Card
A laptop with a good video card is essential because Zoom and video meetings can be graphic intense. Although Zoom-like services are not as graphics-heavy as video games, it is good to have a solid video card.
Some laptops will use the computer processor as a video card, while other computers will have separate graphics cards with their own processors. A dedicated video card will render better graphics performance.
Today, computers with a multi-core processor can handle video very well. Laptops using Intel UHD graphics might not be able to handle intense 4k gaming but consume less power. However, the Intel UHD graphics chips are good enough for just about any job.
Other computers will feature Nvidia GeForce graphic cards. The Nvidia GeForce graphics card lineup has been a dominant name for many years. These video cards are powerful and offer high levels of graphics quality.
The best laptops for video are those with dedicated video cards; however, the better the video card, the pricier the computer will be.
8. Battery Life and Capacity
The battery capacity in laptops is important; after all, the reason we buy laptops in the first place is for portability and convenience.
Pay close attention to the battery specs of the laptop. Some laptops feature long hours of battery capacity and can operate 12 to 16 hours on a single battery charge, while other laptops will only last a few hours.
During a video conference, your computer will be using a video camera, microphone, speakers, and video graphics card, which means it will be consuming more power than when typing a word document.
If your priority is to be mobile during a video conference, look for the best laptops with long battery life.
The weight of a laptop can be a huge factor when shopping for a laptop. Bulky laptops will be uncomfortable to use on your lap, carry around town and even use with on laptop stand.
We did our research and learned that the best laptops for zoom tend to be on the lighter side although some brands still sell heavy models.
The best laptop on this list still weighs a couple of pounds and that’s expected. The average 15-inch laptop with an Intel Core i7 or Intel Core i5 processor scales at around 4 to 5 pounds
Take your desk anywhere!
Now that you have found the perfect laptop, consider a portable or foldable stand for comfort and portability.
What is the best laptop for Video Conferencing Meetings?
If budget is not an issue, we will recommend the Apple MacBook Pro. The MacBook Pro is a performer and one of the best laptops in the market. It can handle any task with ease, business applications, gaming, video editing, and much more. The laptop is durable and versatile, and to some, it can last years without needing to upgrade to a new laptop.
However, the Levono Flex is a great computer for those working with a tight budget and need a computer for video conferencing.
Today, as companies push to keep operations running, video conferencing has become the safest way to interact with customers and team members while working from home or anywhere in the world.